On September 5, 2018, 11 civil society organizations met in Lima, Peru to found ULACPUL, the Latin American and Caribbean Union Against Lung Cancer.
The Union of Lung Cancer Patient Advocates (ULACPUL) is an independent Latin American network of patient organizations dedicated to changing outcomes for lung cancer patients by strengthening lung cancer patient advocacy. Its goal is to build capacity in network members to provide personalized services to lung cancer patients and caregivers nationwide, while joining forces between organizations at the policy and research level in all Latin American countries.
Activities of ULACPUL
- Develop patient information and specific support for lung cancer patients and their carers in all countries.
- Strengthen patient organizations by sharing best practices and providing tools for patient advocacy.
- Raise awareness about lung cancer and how to best support patients.
- Advocate for better treatment, care and access to health services.
- Collaborate with other initiatives and stakeholders with similar goals.